Your behavior appears to be a little unusual. Please verify that you are not a bot.


LafargeHolcim adds low-carbon product to US markets

By |  July 28, 2020
LafargeHolcim

Moreau

Aggregate Industries, a member of LafargeHolcim, will roll out ECOPact low-carbon concrete in the Mid-Atlantic and Northeast.

These regions operate throughout the Washington, D.C., and Boston metropolitan areas, according to LafargeHolcim, and follow the product’s recent launch in Europe.

“We’re committed to answering the urgent call to lower the carbon footprint of the construction industry,” says Jay Moreau, CEO of U.S. aggregates and construction materials at LafargeHolcim. “We’re excited to bring ECOPact to the United States and help drive much-needed change in the industry.”

ECOPact is sold at a range of low-carbon levels, from 30 percent to 100 percent less carbon emissions when compared to CEM1 concrete, according to the company.

Through the use of lower C02-intensive materials, up to 80 percent less carbon is achievable. However, for a carbon-neutral solution, the remaining 20 percent is reached through offsets with certified carbon projects.

Further, ECOPact products can integrate construction and demolition waste to effectively end the material cycle.

Forty percent of LafargeHolcim’s global patent portfolio concerns sustainable products, with more than half of its research and development budget allocated toward finding more low-carbon and sustainable solutions, the company says.

“Engineers, architects and developers are very keen in integrating sustainable building practices throughout the Washington, D.C., area,” says Cedric Barthelemy, head of Aggregate Industries’ Mid-Atlantic region. “There’s a real focus on how construction materials help achieve these goals. We’ve received more requests to get involved as projects are being planned.

“It’s been really exciting to participate in this shift within our industry,” Barthelemy adds.

Zach Mentz

About the Author:


Comments are closed